The idea of establishing a National Cleaner Production Center in our country for the first time in 1999 was implemented in accordance with the decision taken by the TÜBİTAK Science Board on 06/04/2013. As of this date, TÜBİTAK Marmara Research Center Environment Institute has been restructured as “Environment and Cleaner Production Institute” and it has been ensured to function as a National Cleaner Production Center in order to ensure the implementation of cleaner production studies in the industry. Our Institute has been serving as the National Cleaner Production Center since 2013.
Fields of cleaner production activites within the scope of the Institute are;
- Developing and carrying out R&D projects,
- Carrying out projects for technology transfer and dissemination of good practices,
- Creating awareness at the national level,
- Organizing training organizations for expert staff and capacity building,
- Providing technical support for the industrial sector,
- Developing institutional capacities,
TÜBİTAK MAM Environment and Cleaner Production Institute research groups carry out intertwined and interrelated activities in terms of expertise and fields of study. In general, the issue of cleaner production is also a multidisciplinary field, and it carries out studies especially in priority areas for eco-efficiency solutions in industry. In this context, "Cleaner Production Strategic Unit" aims to continue its activities under the following headings, with a team of researchers who have completed 60% of their PhD and 40% of their graduate studies.